Re: pglister: bug: Can't add moderators (and create lists)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pglister: bug: Can't add moderators (and create lists)
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 6:15 PM Célestin Matte <celestin.matte@cmatte.me> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> >> In the interface (in /admin/lists/list/1/change/), I cannot create a list because the "Moderators" field is always
empty,and django won't let me create a list without moderators.

> > The reason the moderators field is mandatory, is that it's what's used
> > to populate the list ownership alias. I think there may have been
> > other reasons as well, see the commit message in 78dc0eea, but I don't
> > recall exactly what they are. But that is definitely one reason for it
> > being there now, so we can't remove that.
> >
> > You should be able to add any Subscriber as a moderator, they don't
> > have to be a member of the particular list. The Subscriber entry is
> > created the first time the user logged in, see
> > web/pglister/lists/migration.py. Did you somehow manage to log in
> > without this happening?
>
> It turns out the issue was not in Django, but client-side: JS files for admin were missing, so the moderator field
wasnot filled.

Oh. Oops :)

> I already noticed that CSS files were missing from /admin/, and made a PR back then:
https://gitlab.com/pglister/pglister/-/merge_requests/24(Should I rather make PRs on gitlab or send patches on this
list?)

MR/PR on gitlab is perfectly fine -- I had just missed it this time.

That said, the MR is incorrect and we should not be importing a select
part of django into our repository -- we should only have our own CSS
there -- just like we don't import the python code. We link to it in
wherever it is installed.

For example, for my local pglister installation I have a mapping for
static files of:
/media/admin ->
/home/mha/django/django22-py3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/admin

(this being in my virtualenv that holds the django installation)

> Are CSS, JS and font files supposed to be somehow generated, or should I make a patch adding them all manually?

*Our* CSS and JS files are all in the repo and should just be served
up under /media. The django ones should be served up from django.
There are no CSS or JS files being generated at this time.

> Unrelated issue I encountered when debugging: when activating logging in django, the log file get spammed with
exceptionsevery time django is hitting a {%if somevariable %} syntax, even though that's the correct django way to test
variableexistence [1]. Any idea what could be causing that?
> [1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/ref/templates/builtins/#if

That's strange. I don't see any of that. Exactly what does the
exception look like?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Célestin Matte
Сообщение: Re: pglister: bug: Can't add moderators (and create lists)
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Add team 'Aiven' to planet blog