Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2015-07-02 16:52:01 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> If there's interest in closing these holes, this might be a first

I don't think such an isolated attempt buys us anything except maybe
unsatisfied users.

I can see a benefit in allowing to restrict information about users and
such in other clusters, but changing stat_ssl seeems to be an
inconsequentially small problem on that path.

We discussed earlier having a "monitoring" role or attribute or something like that, and I think this would be another case of that. We definitely want to go towards something like that, but that's not happening in 9.5...