Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users
Дата
Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On 6/10/15 2:17 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> AIUI that one was just about the DN field, and not about the rest. If I
> understand you correctly, you are referring to the whole thing, not just
> one field?

I think at least the DN field shouldn't be visible to unprivileged users.

What's the argument for that? I mean, the DN field is the equivalent of the username, and we show the username in pg_stat_activity already. Are you envisioning a scenario where there is actually something secret in the DN?

Actually, I think the whole view shouldn't be accessible to unprivileged
users, except maybe your own row.

I could go for some of the others if we think there's reason, but I don't understand the dn part?

I guess there's some consistency in actually blocking exactly everything...