Re: pglister: bug: Can't add moderators (and create lists)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pglister: bug: Can't add moderators (and create lists)
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 11:53 AM Célestin Matte
<celestin.matte@cmatte.me> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still in the process of writing an install script for pglister. I'm at the point where auth is working and I'm
testinglists.

> In the interface (in /admin/lists/list/1/change/), I cannot create a list because the "Moderators" field is always
empty,and django won't let me create a list without moderators.

The reason the moderators field is mandatory, is that it's what's used
to populate the list ownership alias. I think there may have been
other reasons as well, see the commit message in 78dc0eea, but I don't
recall exactly what they are. But that is definitely one reason for it
being there now, so we can't remove that.

You should be able to add any Subscriber as a moderator, they don't
have to be a member of the particular list. The Subscriber entry is
created the first time the user logged in, see
web/pglister/lists/migration.py. Did you somehow manage to log in
without this happening?

> As a workaround, I removed the necessity to have a moderator to test if I can add subscribers after list creation,
butI still cannot add any after list creation. See migration attached (I added both patch and migration, I'm not sure
howyou're supposed to properly edit django apps)
> I'm a bit confused because django has "staff" and "superuser", but none of that is the same as moderators, and I
can'tseem to find the way to promote a user into one.

Staff and Superuser are django functions and have nothing to do with
the pglister "application level" features. They are both required to
access /admin/ though, but they don't affect the rest of the
application.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: mbox/pgsql-hackers.202003 missing all messages after 2020-03-09
От: Célestin Matte
Сообщение: Re: pglister: bug: Can't add moderators (and create lists)