Re: New gTLDs available / how to protect the PostgreSQL brand

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: New gTLDs available / how to protect the PostgreSQL brand
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:

On Apr 10, 2014, at 1:41 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

I'd go at this a slightly different way- we'd have the domains bought by
the community, hosted on PG infrastructure, but then redirected or
published as parts of our existing website where we already have
policies and procedures for how commercial companies can be listed,
de-listed, and generally represented.

This seems like a *much* better solution. We do have our "professional services" section which is where it could go - and then that section should be updated to actually be better than it is now :)

I can throw a +1 towards that.

In terms of *updating* the section, the new services coming in get thoroughly vetted *ahem* but we need to go through all of them and see which ones are still active / relevant.  And I'm pretty sure I know who the "we" is for this task.

We need to do tat, but we also need to do something about the whole structure and how the code works around thta one. I've had some ideas, but never gotten to the point of actually figuring out a complete suggestion..

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: New gTLDs available / how to protect the PostgreSQL brand
Сообщение: Re: New gTLDs available / how to protect the PostgreSQL brand