Re: Blanks in the first line before the first word in the code boxes

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Blanks in the first line before the first word in the code boxes
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 4/1/18 11:55, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> However, why does devel work fine when the others are broken. It's the
> exact same code that's run to load the docs. The *input* to the loader
> must also be different at some point.

In devel, the raw HTML output looks like

... <pre class="synopsis">
ALTER FOREIGN TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] [ ONLY ] ...

(with a line break)

but before it looks like

... <pre class="synopsis">ALTER FOREIGN TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] [ ONLY ] ...

(without a line break).

So maybe some part of the processing code thinks it should do some kind
of "indentation" here.

I think I found the problem, and pushed a fix for it. Basically it turns off indentation completely on pre-11 versions., I elected to keep indention on dev because it works there, and it makes debugging any of the formatting a lot easier.

I've pushed the fix and reloaded the 10 docs. I have not reloaded earlier branches yet, but I'd be interested in some people reviewing a bunch of pages in the 10 docs mainly to see if (1) it fixes all the cases, and (2) it actually breaks some *other* cases.