Re: Online checksums patch - once again

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Online checksums patch - once again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 2:49 PM Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 01:03:20PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 9:48 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On 2019-Aug-26, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> > OK, let's try this again :)
>> >
>> > This is work mainly based in the first version of the online checksums
>> > patch, but based on top of Andres WIP patchset for global barriers (
>> >
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20181030051643.elbxjww5jjgnjaxg%40alap3.anarazel.de
>> > )
>> >
>> > Andres patch has been enhanced with wait events per
>> >
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABUevEwy4LUFqePC5YzanwtzyDDpYvgrj6R5WNznwrO5ouVg1w%40mail.gmail.com
>> > .
>>
>> Travis says your SGML doesn't compile (maybe you just forgot to "git
>> add" and edit allfiles.sgml?):
>>

>Nope, even easier -- the reference pgVerifyChecksums was renamed to
>pgChecksums and for some reason we missed that in the merge.
>
>I've rebased again on top of todays master, but that was the only change I
>had to make.
>

>Other than bots, this patch doesn't seem to have attracted any reviewers
>> this time around.  Perhaps you need to bribe someone?  (Maybe "how sad
>> your committer SSH key stopped working" would do?)
>>

>Hmm. I don't think that's a bribe, that's a threat. However, maybe it will
>work.

IMHO the patch is ready to go - I think the global barrier solves the
issue in the previous version, and that's the only problem I'm aware of.
So +1 from me to go ahead and push it.

Not to downvalue your review, but I'd really appreciate a review from someone who was one of the ones who spotted the issue initially.

Especially -- Andres, any chance I can bribe you to take another look?

And now please uncomment my commit SSH key again, please ;-)

I'll consider it...