Re: replication wordsmithing / clarifications

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: replication wordsmithing / clarifications
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 3:46 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 07:16:43PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> A recent discussion on slack prompted me to read through the
> high-availability section of the docs, turning in to some suggested
> changes that hopefully clarify how the various replication options
> work (specifically around logical and trigger-based solutions). A
> proposed patch is attached, lmk if you have questions.

A portion of what you are suggesting here is in line with 9e101cf,
which looks like a good thing.  Most of the changes look like
improvements to me, and here are some comments.

+1.

+     queries to a designated primary server. Operating on a per-tablebasis,
+     the primary server sends data changes (typically) asynchronously to the
+     replica node(s).  Replica nodes can answer queries while the primary is
Could it be better to use "one or more replica clusters" here?

In particular, why is the primary a "server" and the replica a "node"? That caught my eye for inconsistency -- but changing node to cluster will be equally inconsistent, just in a different way. Why not just call them both servers?

Сообщение: Re: replication wordsmithing / clarifications
Сообщение: Re: replication wordsmithing / clarifications