Re: [BUGS] *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [BUGS] *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 16:31, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 10/12/2011 10:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> Robert Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com>  writes:
>>>
>>> We could do that, but I think Heikki's idea of adding a comment would
>>> help a lot.
>>
>> +1.  Simple, easy, should help significantly.
>>
>> Also, I disagree with the position that the files "aren't SQL files".
>> Sure they are.   You'd want them treated as SQL by your editor, for
>> example.  So changing the extension is just wrong.
>>

> *shrug* ok. Another thought I had was to have the file raise an error and
> have that filtered out by the extension mechanism. But I'm not sure if it's
> worth the trouble.

How about adding something like
-- \\psql_hates_this
-- rest of comment

and then at least have new versions of psql find that and stop
processing the file with a more useful error at that point? Or maybe
that's overengineering..

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/