Re: Extending BASE_BACKUP in replication protocol: incremental backup and backup format

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Extending BASE_BACKUP in replication protocol: incremental backup and backup format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2014-01-14 14:12:46 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Either way - if we can do this in a safe way, it sounds like a good idea.
> It would be sort of like rsync, except relying on the fact that we can look
> at the LSN and don't have to compare the actual files, right?

Which is an advantage, yes. On the other hand, it doesn't fix problems
with a subtly broken replica, e.g. after a bug in replay, or disk
corruption.

Right. But neither does rsync, right?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Extending BASE_BACKUP in replication protocol: incremental backup and backup format
Сообщение: Re: Extending BASE_BACKUP in replication protocol: incremental backup and backup format