Re: incorrect handling of the timeout in pg_receivexlog

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: incorrect handling of the timeout in pg_receivexlog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Argh. This thread appears to have been forgotten - sorry about that.
>>
>> Given that we're taling about a potential protocol change, we really
>> should resolve this before we wrap beta, no?
>
> Had a chat with Heikki about this, and we came to the conslusion that
> we don't actually have to fix it befor ebeta. Because pg_basebackup is
> going to have to consider 9.1 servers anyway, and we can just treat
> 9.2beta1 as being a 9.1 from this perspective.
>
> We still have to fix it, but it' snot as urgent :-)
>
> FWIW, the main plan we're onto is still to add the GUCs on new
> connections to walsender, so we have something to work with...

And taking this a step further - we *already* send these GUCs.
Previous references to us not doing that were incorrect :-)

So this should be a much easier fix than we thought. And can be done
entirely in pg_basebackup, meaning we don't need to worry about
beta...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/