Re: Wiki no longer showing recent changes

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Wiki no longer showing recent changes
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
On 25 February 2016 at 19:28, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that the Recent Changes page on the PostgreSQL wiki are
>> no longer showing newer changes:
>>
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
>>
>> Looking at the GSoC 2016 page history, it's clear that there have been
>> quite a lot of changes on that page, but they don't show up on the
>> Recent Changes page:
>>
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=GSoC_2016&action=history
>>
>> Is there some cache-invalidation problem going on here?
>
> They've been showing up as they have happened for me.
>
> Maybe the problem is with your browser's caching?

I suspected that might be the case, so I did try a different browser,
and the problem remained.  However, I've since tried it again and the
problem seems to have disappeared.

Well, caching problems do go away automatically after some time :)

The thing to check is to see if works differently when you are logged in vs when you are not logged in (for example in different browsers). If it does, then it's quite possibly a caching issue. You can then also look at the Age header of the http response - that one will tell you how long the current entry has been in the cache. If that one is short, then it could be an underlying mediawiki issue that just sent the wrong data into the cache.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: