Re: pg_basebackup and pg_stat_tmp directory

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_basebackup and pg_stat_tmp directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The files in pg_stat_tmp directory don't need to be backed up because they are
> basically reset at the archive recovery. So I think it's worth
> changing pg_basebackup
> so that it skips any files in pg_stat_tmp directory. Thought?

I think this is good idea, but can't it also avoid
PGSTAT_STAT_PERMANENT_TMPFILE along with temp files in
pg_stat_tmp

All stats files should be excluded. IIRC the PGSTAT_STAT_PERMANENT_TMPFILE refers to just the global one. You want to exclude based on PGSTAT_STAT_PERMANENT_DIRECTORY (and of course based on the guc stats_temp_directory if it's in PGDATA.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/