Re: pgsql-bugs mailing list dump?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pgsql-bugs mailing list dump?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 2:57 PM Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
<jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Having a sourcehut[1] debian packager as colleague and being a small team of
> people interested in this project, we would like to try to build an instance
> and import pgsql-bugs in there. We would then report to the community and
> expose it if anything seems worthy.
>
> We don't want to start a long discussion about srht right now and consume
> precious contributors time before having real PoC. If you are interested for
> feedback whatever the PoC result will be, feel free to raise your hand.
>
> In the meantime, we are currently considering how to gather pgsql-bugs mailing
> history, thread-by-thread. We could write a HTTP crawler looking for
> HTTP Location redirections of flat pages and gather all threads afterwards.
>
> However, maybe some admins would agree to provide some pgsql dump or access to
> some json API if relevant? We would save some time and CPU :)

There are mbox files available for download from the list archives --
would that work for you? It can be done on a per-thread basis as well,
i guess, but that's not something we have now (that is, we don't have
a unique listing of threads). But if you're building your own
threading on it, then the monthly mbox files at
https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-bugs/ should be enough?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/