Re: BUG #16692: Postgres process using 100 percent CPU

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #16692: Postgres process using 100 percent CPU
Дата
Re: BUG #16692: Postgres process using 100 percent CPU  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 3:29 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      16692
> Logged by:          Anup Maity
> Email address:      email2anup14@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 11.0
> Operating system:   UBUNTU 20.4
>
> From last 1 week, this process with user postgres is utilizing entire cpu
> and approx 2.5gb ram. I have tried reinstalling postgres but then too the
> issues persists. please help. No query is being running. this is in idle
> usage
>   37811 postgres  20   0 2442744   2.3g      4 S 399.7  14.8 148:23.87
> n2cP0Mv4

That is not a PostgreSQL process.

It looks very much like malware running on your system, that happens
to be running under the "postgres" user account.

I'd shut the machine down immediately. And then mount the file system
through some other means (meaning mount the disk from a different
system and absolutely do *NOT* boot off this disk), figuring out where
those binaries are and try to salvage the database from there.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/