Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
Basil,

> Generally best to define first occurrence of acronyms with full name spelled-out. But I don’t know if I would bother with these two or not.
> —
> PCI, HIPAA
> —

Those are external acronyms, and in common usage in the USA; do they
need to be spelled out?  Frankly, I use them and have no idea what they
stand for.  What do other people think?

PCI is payment card industry. I think that one is fairly well known across IT globally, because it's a global standard.

HIPAA I have no idea what the acronym means, and very little about what it means to people either. AFAIK that's a US only standard, and for that reason it would probably be a good idea to spell it out.

Сообщение: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest
Сообщение: Re: First draft of 9.5 release announcement, please comment/edit/suggest