Re: old testlo example code

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: old testlo example code
Дата
Re: old testlo example code  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:27 AM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> This documentation page:
>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/lo-examplesect.html
>
> contains a hardcoded copy of ./src/test/examples/testlo.c, and it
> seems like this version hasn't been updated along with its source. The
> version from the docs no longer compiles for me, at least not when I
> drop it into the place of the current ./src/test/examples/testlo.c.
> That's easy enough to fix, though I have a historical question about
> this code.

ISTM we should either remove the example programs and replace them
with just a reference, or find a way to include the source code into
the documentation with some kind of include statement instead of
haivng a copy of it. That should be done the same way for all the
example programs, not just the testlo ones of course.

Not sure if it's possible to create such an include though - someone
who knows our toolchain better can hopefully comment on that?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/