Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Small issue in online devel documentation build

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Small issue in online devel documentation build
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

Hello Magnus,

The toolchain used previously (9.6) generates this code:
<UL
> <LI
> <P
> <TT
   CLASS="LITERAL"
> simple</TT
> : use simple query protocol.</P
[...]

(yes, including all the horrible newlines in the middle of tags and
whatnot, but there's nothing new about that)

Yes this is the "old" html generation with jade, which has been replaced by some xsltproc-based html generation. Why not.

The toolchain used for dev (10) generates this code:

style="list-style-type: disc; "><li class="listitem"><p><code
[...]

Yes, that the output I also have, which is somehow fine although verbose. In particular, there is no "c2" class involved in "ul" above...

Ah, that is correct. I thought I could see it there, but turns out that no, I cannot :) I was clearly not awake. My apologies.

It turns out the "c2" class is added by tidy. The reason is this: http://api.html-tidy.org/tidy/quickref_5.0.0.html#clean

There was a reason this was needed on the old docs. I honestly don't remember what it was though, but it was needed (but many things were needed on that source).

Turning if off makes that page work. It might break pages elsewhere though.

I've removed the flag for the devel docs build for now (or - for any XML based docs build). I've also forced another docs load, so the results can be checked.

Let's see if that breaks something else...

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Small issue in online devel documentationbuild
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Small issue in online devel documentationbuild