Re: New mailing list?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: New mailing list?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2014-06-25 19:33:06 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Why not just use -general, in order not to fragment our userbase even more.
> It's already got declining voiume, so adding a little bit more to it
> shouldn't be a big problem.

Because people complain when other people post stuff that's not 'core
postgres' on -hackers/-general/-bugs. That already has happened a couple
of times.

So now that will just change to complaints that they are posting to the wrong list... The difference being that they could now, in theory, get sent a link to the proper list. And if it *is* the official channel, then that would actually be less likely to happen. But people will complain either way.

Anyway. I still think it would be better to give that a try and create a list if we know it is needed, rather than preemptively create one. Mainly because it's so much easier to create one than to remove one. But if people are absolutely against that, I guess we should create it - it's definitely a project we'll want to promote I believe.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: