Re: Post-2018 messages in archives

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Post-2018 messages in archives
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 2:40 AM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
At some point in the last few months, the archives of many mailing lists added
messages dated far in the future.  For example, pgsql-hackers archives gained
four messages from years 2030, 2032 and 2036:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/since/203011010000/

This disrupts my use of the "Next" link.  If you're looking at the last page
of messages and click "Next", you'll get a page with just the latest one
message.  Normally, if you refresh that page later, you'll see messages added
after you clicked "Next".  With the far-future messages in there, "Next"
brings one to https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/since/203602080620
which won't get new messages regularly for another 18 years.

Perhaps the fix is to set the archive date to the archives ingest time when
the message asserts a date substantially (15min?) earlier or later.  Would
that be an improvement?

I wonder what caused this. I did a full reparse of the archives last week. I wonder if this caused it, and that we actually had this problem before but we cleaned it up manually at some point, and this manual cleanup got overwritten by this reparse.H

Unfortunately we don't keep the ingest time separately. But for the future, doing so would probably be a good idea, for other reasons as well.  I think 15 minutes might be pushing it a bit given the kind of times we see around, in particular with incorrectly configured timezones. But something like 24h would probably work.

Luckily, it's not too terribly bad:

archives=# select count(*) from messages where date > now();
 count
-------
    10
(1 row)

(out of about 1.3M messages).

So short-term I will go process those messages manually.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: