Re: Parallell hashjoin sometimes ignores temp_tablespaces

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Parallell hashjoin sometimes ignores temp_tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 7:06 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 6:12 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The lack of documentation seems to be my fault, so I'm willing to pick
>> this up unless somebody else wants it.

> If the comments I included in that patch are enough, I can just commit
> those along with it. Otherwise, please do :)

Being once burned, I had something more like the attached in mind.

That's a bit more elaborate and yes, I agree, better.

BTW, looking at this, I'm kind of wondering about the other code path
in SharedFileSetInit:

        if (fileset->ntablespaces == 0)
        {
                fileset->tablespaces[0] = DEFAULTTABLESPACE_OID;
                fileset->ntablespaces = 1;
        }

Shouldn't that be inserting MyDatabaseTableSpace?  I see no other places
anywhere that are forcing temp stuff into pg_default like this.

Yeah, looking at it again, I think it should. I can't see any reason why it should enforce pg_default.