Re: replication commands and log_statements

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: replication commands and log_statements
Дата
Re: replication commands and log_statements
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Replication commands like IDENTIFY_COMMAND are not logged even when
log_statements is set to all. Some users who use log_statements to
audit *all* statements might dislike this current situation. So I'm
thinking to change log_statements or add something like log_replication
so that we can log replication commands. Thought?

+1. I think adding a separate parameter is the way to go.

The other option would be to turn log_statements into a parameter that you specify multiple ones - so instead of "all" today it would be "ddl,dml,all" or something like that, and then you'd also add "replication" as an option. But that would cause all sorts of backwards compatibility annoyances.. And do you really want to be able to say things like "ddl,all" meanin you'd get ddl and select but not dml?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: replication commands and log_statements
Сообщение: Re: replication commands and log_statements