Re: A error happend when I am clone the git repository

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: A error happend when I am clone the git repository
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 6:48 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 6/19/22 20:33, Wen Yi wrote:
>> |[beginnerc@fedora Research]$ git clone
>> <https://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git>|
>> |Cloning into 'postgresql'...|
>> |remote: Enumerating objects: 30747, done.|
>> |remote: Counting objects: 100% (30747/30747), done.|
>> |remote: Compressing objects: 100% (13431/13431), done.|
>> |error: RPC failed; curl 92 HTTP/2 stream 3 was not closed cleanly
>> before end of the underlying stream|

> I have to believe it is related to bleeding edge OS Fedora 36 in
> combination with latest Git 2.36.1.

No, I think it's more about this:

>> I check the download speed,that is about 220kb/s.

I've seen this failure multiple times on very slow machines.
I think there's some sort of connection timeout somewhere in
the git.postgresql.org infrastructure, causing a "git clone"
that takes more than a couple of minutes to fail.  I've
complained about it before, but we've not isolated the cause.

The last time we debugged it pretty much the only conclusion we managed to come to I think was that it is *not* in the git.postgresql.org infrastructure. I tried it from *many* different locations and it worked fine from all of them, even when artificially slowing it down to something much slower.

So yes, there is *something*, but it's not with in the pg.org infrastructure.

One thing we got to work that time, I think, was to run:
git config --global http.version HTTP/1.1