Re: Trying to access my account

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Trying to access my account
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hello!

No account with your email address exists in the system.

Downloads never require an account (if you had to create one for that, it means you downloaded from a third party site, and not ours, and you might want to re-check your download).

Subscriptions from the old majordomo system did not automatically create a new account when they were migrated, but an account is necessary if you want to manage them. If you create a new account with the same email address that was used for the majordomo system it will automatically connect those together the first time you log into the list server at https://lists.postgresql.org/. So I believe this is what you need to do -- create a new account with that email address, and you should get access to everything.

//Magnus

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 8:02 AM Boylan, Ross <Ross.Boylan@ucsf.edu> wrote:
The link you sent is about unsubscribing but
a) I don't want to unsubscribe; I want to manage my account
b) The unsubscribe instructions say to use info in the mail headers from the list, but I'm not currently getting email from the list.

I have subscriptions originally created with majordomo; my records don't show any general postgresql account, though it's possible I created one during a recent download.

Ross

Mail history below; my email client really doesn't like to do anything but top posting.
The link has been modified/junked up by our security software.
From: David Fetter <david@fetter.org>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 10:00 PM
To: Boylan, Ross
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW
Subject: Re: Trying to access my account

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:03:31PM +0000, Boylan, Ross wrote:
> I have subscribed to a number of postgresql lists over the years, and am now trying find whether I suspended delivery for postgresql-general, and to reset it if I did.  I am not getting emails from the list, and am trying to figure out if that's because they are disabled on the list, or some local system is blocking them.
>
> I have used various edresses, including ross@biostat.ucsf.edu, rossboylan@stanfordalumni.org, and ross.boylan@ucsf.edu.
>
> For each list I have a separate password from majordomo.  I don't find any of them work with your current site.
>
> I tried sending a help message to majordomo@postgresql.org (suggested from my original sign up confirmation); it was returned as undeliverable.
>
> I hit the "password reset" button (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.postgresql.org_account_reset_&d=DwIBAg&c=iORugZls2LlYyCAZRB3XLg&r=nh70E5-mX2XsDe5lrDDMt_ZRqqGMcdTmTrRLvNmttYA&m=fxekdSM5i_iJj94ClSyv4v9CJf_tCzNwtY2s0N3JZp0&s=6c7YX1lux3OfMaasw5xNegAa8OUks5HVQMjHbhSb5R0&e= ) last Friday with the ross.boylan@ucsf.edu edress.  But I never got a message.  The form did not say "invalid email" or something like that, but perhaps you don't for security reasons.
>
> I have been able to post to the list in the last week using the ross.boylan@ucsf.edu address, so the list seems to consider that valid.
>
> I appreciate any help you can offer in getting this straightened out.

Thanks for reaching out.  The mailing list management has changed from
Majordomo to a hand-rolled system, which you can access at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.postgresql.org_unsubscribe_&d=DwIBAg&c=iORugZls2LlYyCAZRB3XLg&r=nh70E5-mX2XsDe5lrDDMt_ZRqqGMcdTmTrRLvNmttYA&m=fxekdSM5i_iJj94ClSyv4v9CJf_tCzNwtY2s0N3JZp0&s=TsPcxRR4lEEFjlpfWMUVRH_HpYFFd9VsOrXxMFiuwYE&e=

If this doesn't work, please follow up on the pgsql-www, cc'd here.

Best,
David.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: