Re: Devel docs on website reloading

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Devel docs on website reloading
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 1:44 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 1:31 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2020-Nov-18, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > It would be trivial to change this so that it only actually updates
> > pages if they have been changed.
>
> I think this means we could also check much more frequently whether a
> rebuild is needed, right?  We could do that every 30 mins or so, since
> most of the time it would be a no-op.

No that'd be unrelated. We don't have a dedicated buildfarm animal for
it, we just piggyback on the existing run, which runs on any changes,
not just docs.

Less than 2 years later this is now actually done. That is, we are now loading the docs from a git checkout instead of a tarball, which means the devel docs are now stamped with the git revision that they were built from (and they're only rebuilt when something changes the docs, but when they do, it should normally take <2 minutes for the new docs to appear on the website)