Re: Failed Login Attempts in PostgreSQL

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Failed Login Attempts in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 11:03 AM Jagmohan Kaintura
<jagmohan@tecorelabs.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
> I was looking for a workaround on how we can configure Failed Login attempts feature of Oracle in PostgreSQL.
> The Only requirement is End user shouldn't be allowed to Login after an "n" number of unsuccessful attempts.
>
> Users have the ability to perform all operations on the underlying tables. So we wanted to restrict after doing "n"
unsuccessfulattempts.

> I couldn't get any source anywhere.

You can use fail2ban for example. See for example this thread here
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/61463e206b7c4c0ca17b03a59e890b78%40lmco.com,
and the config on https://github.com/rc9000/postgres-fail2ban-lockout.
(probably needs some small adaptations, but as a base it should work).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/