Re: Review of VS 2010 support patches

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Review of VS 2010 support patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 20:46, Brar Piening <brar@gmx.de> wrote:
> Sorry for the late response - I've been on a wedding this weekend.
>>
>> Something is strange here. Did you run perltidy with the exact
>> parameters documented in the README file?
>
> Yes - I usually even copy paste it from the README as "perltidy -b -bl -nsfs
> -naws -l=100 -ole=unix *.pl *.pm" (pasted once more) is hard to remember and
> takes a while to type.

Bleh, that's annoying - that means it behaves different in different versions :S

>> If so, perltidy seems to be
>> version- or platform- dependent. I ran it, and got a slightly
>> different patch. It's not big differences, but the simple fact that
>> perltidy doesn't always generate the same result is annoying.
>>
>> Can you run it again, and make sure you get the exact same diff? So
>> that it wasn't accidentally run off the wrong version or something?
>
> I just rechecked that applying my two patches vs. applying my two patches +
> running the above perltidy command gives no difference (0 byte patch).
>
>> I've attached the differences between your perltidy and my perltidy run.
>>
>> I'm using (perltidy -v): "This is perltidy, v20090616"
>
> I'm currently using (perl -v): "This is perl 5, version 14, subversion 1
> (v5.14.1) built for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread"
> and
> (perltidy -v): "This is perltidy, v20101217"
>
> But I've just recently upgraded to the latest Perl version.
> The patch has been produced using some 5.12.? ActivePerl and it's
> corresponding perltidy version which (whatever it was) obviously produced
> the same result for me.

I'm using 5.10... Not sure if it's the perl version or more likely the
perltidy version that causes the difference, but there's not too much
we can do about that. I'm not sure the differences are big enough that
we actually want to care about it - I think it's easier to just take
changes caused by it out of each commit. We're still getting the large
majority as the same.

So - for now, I have made a perltidy run and committed it, which
should make it slightly easier for reviewing the actual patch :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/