Re: Symlink redirection breaks FTP site re-organisation

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Symlink redirection breaks FTP site re-organisation
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi,

Whilst re-organising the pgAdmin website in preparation for pgAdmin 4,
it became clear to me that the way we currently handle symlinks on the
website FTP browser is broken. For example, the current pgAdmin site
has URLs like:

https://www.postgresql.org/pgadmin3/release/v1.22.1/...

I want to change this to:

https://www.postgresql.org/pgadmin/pgadmin3/v1.22.1/...

Thus I renamed/symlinked the pgadmin3 dir on Fendaus and the release
dir on Paxsor (the pgAdmin master server), however, whilst when we
encounter a symlink in the browser we re-write it to the target (so
that: https://www.postgresql.org/pgadmin3/ is rewritten to
https://www.postgresql.org/pgadmin/), we don't handle anything deeper
than that, so https://www.postgresql.org/pgadmin/release is a 404,
never mind anything below it.

So, I'm thinking that we need to have the website stop rewriting the
URLs, or at least generate the index pages under both paths, as you
would see if you traversed the filesystem itself.

In doing this, I think we should also use a different icon for
symlinks, so users can see that they're following a path (and maybe
display the filename as "pgadmin3 -> pgadmin" as well).

Thoughts?

Every single one of those URLs is a 404... Which makes the discussion a bit hard to follow. Is it correct to just inject a "/ftp/" in each case, or are there other subtleties to consider?

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: