Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"
Дата
Ответ на Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:10 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
dnf install --excludepkg proj --excludepkg proj-datumgrid postgis30_12 postgis30_12-devel postgis30_12-utils postgis30_12-client postgis30_12-docs

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:06:34PM -0500, Jeremy Wilson wrote:
> >> Not sure what you mean by this - I’ve installed the postgis packages for 9.5 and 13 and the extensions are installed and working in 9.5, but I’m not doing anything but initdb and then pg_upgrade for 13.
>
> > I think he is asking about shared_preload_libraries,
> > local_preload_libraries, and session_preload_libraries.
>
> Yeah, but if Jeremy isn't touching the new cluster's config between
> initdb and pg_upgrade, those won't be set.
>
> I'm kind of baffled at this point.  It seems pretty likely that this
> is related to the v13 postgis problems we've heard a few reports of,
> but the symptoms are a lot different.
>
> Best advice I can give is to go inquire on the postgis mailing lists
> as to whether they've figured out the "free(): invalid pointer"
> issue.  (I assume that dropping postgis from the source DB is not
> an option...)

This is not actually a PostGIS problem, it's a problem with our yum repository packaging.

The problem is that postgis, through gdal, ended up being linked to two different versions of proj at the same time.

You can check it by doing:
ldd /usr/pgsql-13/lib/postgis_raster-3.so | grep proj

If that shows up two different "proj" libraries, then you have that same problem.

In this case, uninstall the OS supplied "proj" library. If that removes postgis through dependency, let it and then install it with:

dnf install --excludepkg proj --excludepkg proj-datumgrid postgis30_12

... and that should of course be postgis30_13 if you're on PostgreSQL 13...