Re: BUG #16740: Conflicting installations

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #16740: Conflicting installations
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 2:25 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      16740
> Logged by:          jet2018
> Email address:      ezrajet9@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.0
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 19.10
>
> After following the guidelines on your documentation's installation, i have
> faced a problem whose code is below:
> 1: I can't finish the installation. When I try on that I get this:
>
>   postgresql depends on postgresql-12; however:
>   Package postgresql-12 is not configured yet.
>
>    dpkg: error processing package postgresql (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>   No apport report written because the error message indicates its a
> followup error from a previous failure.
>   Errors were encountered while processing:
>    postgresql-client-11
>    postgresql-12
>    postgresql

> This does not only stop on the installation part, whenever I try to
> uninstall this also it show the same. I thought it was a conflict maybe
> between 12 and 11 versions, but now I cant remove any!!!
>
> So the state am in is that I can't proceed or withdraw, what should I do?
> I tried cleaning using
>       sudo apt-get autoclean
> and it failed to solve the error
>
> I tried forcing the installation using
>     sudo apt-get install -f
>
> I surfed the whole of stack-overflow, it did not help too!!
> SO WHAT DO I DO

What does your repository configuration look like? (If you're using
the one off the postgresql.org website, that will bei n
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list -- if you installed it using some
other instructions it will be elsewhere, but somewhere you will have
the config for the repository).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/