Re: Cluster restart

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Cluster restart
Дата
Список pgsql-students
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Hombakazi Cynthia Jozela
<hombakazij@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am new in Postgresql, and as a start,I just I attended a short postgresql
> course from EnterpriseDB, but unfortunately I did not know Linux at all as I
> have been on windows , but I had no choice as it was rendered using Linux,
> so I am just testing my knowledge as I will be taking an online course very
> soon and I am stuck.
>
> I wanted to restart postgres cluster after I made changes on
> postgresql.conf, a propt for the postgres password appears, i provide it and
> i know its correct I even reserted it but i get the message that "sorry, try
> again" . What could I possible be doing wrong?
>
> this is what I did:
> [postgres@localhost ~]$ vi /opt/PostgreSQL/9.2/data/postgresql.conf to
> change conf file and I successfully did it
>
> then
>
> [postgres@localhost ~]$ /opt/PostgreSQL/9.2/scripts/serverctl.sh restart
>
> then it says
> [sudo] password for postgres:
>

> I could not move on from here.

First, I'd strongly recommend that you use the packaged versions when
you are on a supported platform such as Ubuntu - they tend to
integrate a lot better than the oneclick ones. See
http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/ for the recommended
installation methods.

Second, it looks like that command is designed to be run either as
root or as your own account, bt you're running it as user "postgres".
Try running it under the correct user account. (But that's is all
guessing as it's a non-standard install)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-students по дате отправления: