Re: CF app feature request

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: CF app feature request
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 3:59 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2018-Dec-23, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 12:52 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 03:30:38PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > On 2018-Nov-20, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > Certainly not higher than having the dropdown for entry author/reviewer
> > > be sorted alphabetically ... *wink* *wink*
> >
> > More *wink* *wink*
>
> Here's a slightly late response to that winking :P
>
> They *are* sorted. By lastname. Should I take all this winking to mean that
> people would prefer them  being sorted by firstname? :)

Oh, wow. That's not at all obvious ... the fact that there's Scherbaum
as the first entry, and Wang at the fifth position, threw me off.

Oh, there isn't, there's "ads Scherbaum" as his last name. I'm pretty sure he does that just to mess with people. And for the second one, it's Alexandra... But yes, I agree it's confusing, especially when you start mixing in cultures that may not have firstname/lastname working in the way that we do in the western world.

I can find entries easily enough knowing this.  But I think it would
make more sense to order by the complete string that makes up the name.

Ok, I've pushed a change to do first_name sorting instead. Let's see if that causes less or more confusion :)  But it will at least match the "full string sorting".