Re: Compiling postgres for windows with src/tools/msvc.build.bat

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Compiling postgres for windows with src/tools/msvc.build.bat
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 12:47 AM Celso Lorenzetti <celso@sysrs.com.br> wrote:

Hi, how do I set --prefix when compiling postgres for windows using /src/tools/msvc/build.bat?

I created the /src/tools/msvc/config.pl file with $config->{prefix} = 'MyPostgreSQL';

But the .exe and .dll are generated in /release/... and not in MyPostgreSQL/...

some help please!

The build step is just like "make" on Unix/Linux, meaning it just builds, and doesn't install,  and therefore does not care about a prefix parameter.

To install, you use the "install.bat <prefix>" command -- where you specify the directory on the commandline. That's the equivalent of the combination of --prefix and "make install" on Unix/Linux.