Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Jonathan S. Katz
> <jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
>>
>> Heh, I didn't think this would be a simple process.
>> If the site is maxing out the "free" version of Google Analytics, that means
>> 10M+ impressions/hits (not page views) a month which is already saying
>> something.
>> There is certainly some filtering that can be done in the free version that
>> would arrive at some useful metrics for everyone.
>> Jonathan, what makes you think the data isn't "correct" (or being collected
>> correctly)?
>>

>> Kris: http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1070983
>>
>> Magnus did some rough calculations off the cuff based on some of the
>> major-viewed pages within the GA token that the site uses and figured we are
>> above those limits.
>
> Hmm, well my math doesn't quite tally with Magnus'. A quick look at a
> few different recent months tells me we're hitting around 3 - 3.5M
> page views per month on www.postgresql.org, with archives getting just
> under 1M.

There are a bunch of more sites that track under the same account, I
believe. If you sum them all up, you get close enough to that
explaining things.

> We're not tracking anything other than pages though, so I'm not sure
> how impressions would actually differ from page views. Or am I missing
> something?

I don't know GA enough to actually comment on details :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?
Сообщение: Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?