Re: [HACKERS] Reversed sync check in pg_receivewal

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Reversed sync check in pg_receivewal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Attached patch reverses the check, and adds a failure message. I'd
> appreciate a quick review in case I have the logic backwards in my head...

I think the patch is correct, but if there's any documentation of the
walmethod APIs that would allow one to assert which side of the API got
this wrong, I sure don't see it.  Would it be unreasonable to insist
on some documentation around that?

Agreed.

Would you say comments in the struct in walmethods.h is enough, or were you thinking actual sgml docs when you commented that?