Re: SCRAM with channel binding downgrade attack

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: SCRAM with channel binding downgrade attack
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 6:55 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 6/14/18 13:43, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I still think that the fact that we are still discussing what is
> basically the *basic concepts* of how this would be set up after we have
> released beta1 is a clear sign that this should not go into 11.

Other than some naming and handling of some nonsensical combinations,
what is unclear?

Should there be one or more parameters? How should they interact? At which level should they be controlled? Limited to SCRAM or other channel bindings? Are the different levels of SCRAM to be considered different protocols or the same protocol with a tweak? etc.