Re: Online checksums patch - once again

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Online checksums patch - once again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 02:49:44PM +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 01:03:20PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Other than bots, this patch doesn't seem to have attracted any reviewers
> > > this time around.  Perhaps you need to bribe someone?  (Maybe "how sad
> > > your committer SSH key stopped working" would do?)
> > >

> > Hmm. I don't think that's a bribe, that's a threat. However, maybe it will
> > work.
> >

> IMHO the patch is ready to go - I think the global barrier solves the
> issue in the previous version, and that's the only problem I'm aware of.
> So +1 from me to go ahead and push it.
>
> And now please uncomment my commit SSH key again, please ;-)

For adding cluster-level encryption to Postgres, the plan is to create a
standby that has encryption enabled, then switchover to it.  Is that a
method we support now for adding checksums to Postgres?  Do we need the
ability to do it in-place too?

I definitely think we need the ability to do it in-place as well, yes.

Сообщение: Re: Online checksums patch - once again
Сообщение: Re: Online checksums patch - once again