Re: [pgsql-www] escapes in submitted docs comments

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] escapes in submitted docs comments
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> On 15 Feb 2017, at 14:09, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se <mailto:daniel@yesql.se>> wrote:

> >> AFAIU with Django, to avoid the escaping the form content would have to be
> >> marked safe which seems..  unsafe.  Given the nature of SQL and the comments we
> >> get, perhaps the simple approach is to just replace the unicode quote since it
> >> will be quite common?  Something along the lines of the (untested) diff below?
> >
> > There are plenty of other characters being escaped, though.  Can't we
> > just do something like "parse this html piece as text" instead?
> > ("unescape" I suppose).  We're only sending it in a text/plain email, so
> > there's no worry of misinterpreted HTML.
>
> Perhaps not, I guess I’m just scared about potentially “helpful” MUA’s who see
> HTML and renders even if it’s in text/plain.  That being said, I don’t think
> I’ve seen one in quite some time.
>
> If a helpful MUA does that in text that's clearly set to text/plain, there is really no helping the poor soul who uses it.
>
> And the mails we generate don't even have a text/html part, so I think we should be perfectly safe.

Perhaps we can just run the textarea output via the unescape function from
django.utils.html before rendering the mail template?

I think what you normally want to do is put |safe in the template -- so instead of {{whatever}} make it {{whatever|safe}}. That tells the template to stop auto-escaping.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: