Re: PG documentation build is wedged

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PG documentation build is wedged
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 04:32, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié nov 23 23:55:22 -0300 2011:
>> According to
>> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/buildlog.html
>> the git-tip documentation build hasn't happened since the 19th,
>> and a quick look-around at
>> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/index.html
>> confirms that recent docs changes don't seem to be showing there.

They are most likely broken because the machine that
developer.postgresql.org was upgraded without testing, and has broken
completely now. It's been expected for a while, but it's now reached
the point where the git command doesn't work. This broke the snapshot
builds on the same machine. I haven't verified if they're what broke
the dev docs, but it's almost certain.

> I think the devel docs are now supposed to be built by bf member
> guaibasaurus, but the necessary hooks on the buildfarm client to copy
> them to the webserver aren't there yet.

It's almost there. Based on current plans, we hope to have the
developer docs up and running early next week. (Actually, didn't
realize they were broken - it's just that their new location is
planned to go live next week, which will implicitly fix this problem)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/