Re: [HACKERS] Wrong variable type in KeepLogSeg

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Wrong variable type in KeepLogSeg
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
Hello, I found a variable definition with wrong type
specification in KeepLogSeg, which doesn't harm anything.

> static void
> KeepLogSeg(XLogRecPtr recptr, XLogSegNo *logSegNo)
> {
>     /* then check whether slots limit removal further */
>     if (max_replication_slots > 0 && keep != InvalidXLogRecPtr)
>     {
>         XLogRecPtr    slotSegNo;
>
>         XLByteToSeg(keep, slotSegNo);

slotSegNo should be a XLogSegNo. Both types share the same
intrinsic type so it doesn't harm anything.

This is back-patchable upto 9.4.

Nice catch. Applied and backpatched.