Re: Major service downtime expected

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Major service downtime expected
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
Hi!

(Copying this one to -hackers as well, for git coverage)

We were just notified by one of our hosting providers, MeetMe, that they are about to start physically moving two of our servers to a different datacenter. Unfortunately, we were only given about an hours warning on this, so we have been unable to migrate important services elsewhere before the downtime.

The following services may be affected, and we have no idea how long the downtime will be (we've been given a maximum window of 6 hours, but we hope it's going to be around an hour):

* Main website backend systems (anything dynamic on the website, cached content will continue to serve)
* Website search
* List archives (except cached pages). (Mailinglists themselves should continue to work)
* git.postgresql.org (gitmaster not affected)
* irc docbot
* postgres.ca website and associated services

We apologize for this inconvenience, and will work with the techs from MeetMe to get the systems back up as quickly as possible.

This issue should now be resolved and services back to normal. There will be a round of security patching on the other servers later today as well, but that should only be minutes worth of downtime at the worst.