Re: El Capitan Removes OpenSSL Headers

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: El Capitan Removes OpenSSL Headers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> "David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
>>> I don’t suppose anyone has looked at what it would take to get PostgreSQL use Secure Transport, right?

>> This is going to put a bit more urgency into the project Heikki had been
>> working on to allow use of more than one SSL implementation.  I can't
>> really see us back-porting that, though, which is going to leave things
>> in a fairly nasty place for all pre-9.6 branches ...

> I think it'd be great to finish that project, but having to use
> MacPorts to install the headers isn't really a big deal, is it?

Well, you'd have to use MacPorts' version of the openssl libraries,
too, since there'd be no certainty that their headers match the
Apple-provided libraries (in fact, I'd bet a lot that they don't).
This would be a pain if you wanted to put your compiled PG executables
on some other Mac.

Presumably the folks who build Postgres.app and the EDB installers will take care of that for the big majority of people though, won't they?

I agree it's something we should fix, but I'm not sure it's that urgent. It's no different from what Windows people have been dealing with all along, is it? And while it affects pg developers, I doubt it'll hit that many users?

Сообщение: Re: El Capitan Removes OpenSSL Headers
Сообщение: Re: El Capitan Removes OpenSSL Headers