Re: FW: statement failure

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: FW: statement failure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Little, Douglas
<DOUGLAS.LITTLE@orbitz.com> wrote:
> both dev and prod are 8.2.15
>
> Version string    PostgreSQL 8.2.15 (Greenplum Database 4.2.2.4 build 1) on
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.4.2 compiled on Oct  3
> 2012 20:28:56
>

> can you tell me what change in 8.3  maybe Greenplum incorporated some of the
> changes in their build.

Since they're not actually 8.2, you should probably ask Greenplum
about the differences - I'm sure their support people will know.

What Merlin was referring to is the removal of implicit casts - it's
listed as the very first point under migration to 8.3 back in the old
release notes (which can still be found as a chapter in the 9.2
release notes for example, even though 8.3 is fully unsupported by
now)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/