Re: Fixing Google Search on the docs (redux)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Fixing Google Search on the docs (redux)
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 6:33 PM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 18, 2020, at 09:28, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> > Their only chance is to search for
> > something else that might hit our docs, then in that click over to the
> > correct version they actually asked for, and then search *again* using
> > our site-search and hope that it shows up there. I'm willing to bet
> > very few users will figure that part out...
>
> I'm not sure that is a worse situation than searching for something and having the first page be 9.1 hits.

Today you can append "12" to your search and get the results for v12
most of the time.

So today the default is really bad, but the exact right thing is possible.
With the change, the default would be less bad (but not necessarily
exactly right), and the exact right thing would be impossible.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Fixing Google Search on the docs (redux)
Сообщение: Re: Fixing Google Search on the docs (redux)