Re: [patch] pg_basebackup: mention that spread checkpoints are the default in --help

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [patch] pg_basebackup: mention that spread checkpoints are the default in --help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 8:01 PM Michael Banck <mbanck@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 04:59:24PM +0530, Shlok Kyal wrote:
> > I went through the Cfbot for this patch and found out that the build
> > is failing with the following error (Link:
> > https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4648506929971200?logs=build#L1217):
>
> Oops, sorry. Attached is a working third version of this patch.

While I think Peters argument about one reading better than the other
one, that does also increase the "help message bloat" mentioned by
Michael. So I think we're better off actually using the original
version, so I'm going to go ahead and push that one (and also to avoid
endless bikeshedding)-

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/