pg_receivexlog and feedback message

От Magnus Hagander
Тема pg_receivexlog and feedback message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Right now, pg_receivexlog sets:        replymsg->write = InvalidXLogRecPtr;        replymsg->flush = InvalidXLogRecPtr;
      replymsg->apply = InvalidXLogRecPtr;

when it sends it's status updates.

I'm thinking it sohuld set replymsg->write = blockpos instad.

Why? That way you can see in pg_stat_replication what has actually
been received by pg_receivexlog - not just what we last sent. This can
be useful in combination with an archive_command that can block WAL
recycling until it has been saved to the standby. And it would be
useful as a general monitoring thing as well.

I think the original reason was that it shouldn't interefer with
synchronous replication - but it does take away a fairly useful
usecase...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: [RFC] Interface of Row Level Security
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] Interface of Row Level Security