Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 11:07 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > If it doesn't know how to rebuild it, aren't we going to be stuck in a
> > catch-22 if we need to change it in certain ways? Since an old version
> > of pg_bsd_indent would reject the patch that might include updating
> > it. (And when it does, one should expect the push to take quite a long
> > time, but given the infrequency I agree that part is probably not an
> > issue)
>
> Everyone who has proposed this has included a caveat that there must
> be a way to override the check.  Given that minimal expectation, it
> shouldn't be too hard to deal with pg_bsd_indent-updating commits.

I haven't managed to fully keep up with the thread, so I missed that.
And i can't directly find it looking back either - but as long as
three's an actual idea for how to do that, the problem goes away :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/