Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Дата
Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 01/07/2016 12:32 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
On 1/7/16 1:49 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
Yeah, we could also get rid of this conversation:

"Here's a patch for X, which is on the TODO list"

"Oh, we've obsolesced that, that was added to the TODO before we had Y"

... by auto-closing TODO items at a certain age.

Even if not auto-closed at least it'd be easy to find old items.

Bonus points if we attract some volunteer project managers that will
keep tabs of all those kinds of things...

/me waves hand....

There are quite a few contributing companies that likely have people that could help out with this in an educated fashion but aren't coders.

Sort of like how they could also have helped out with cf management?