Backup docs

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Backup docs
Дата
Re: Backup docs  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Re: Backup docs  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
In reference to:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/continuous-archiving.html

I would like to see that page changed to list pg_basebackup as the
"default" way of doing base backups, and then list the "manual way" as
an option if you need more flexibility.

The reason being that for the majority of users that's going to be
flexible enough, and it's easier to use. And it doesn't hurt to show
that setting these things up really doesn't have to be that hard.

But since I'm definitely slightly biased on this, I'm not going to go
changing anything, or even write up suggested changing, until I can
get some agreement that making this change is good in the first place
;) Thus, please...

I'd also like to add "pg_basebackup -x" under standalone hot backups,
again as the main option.

I also wonder if we need a tl;dr; section of that whole page that just
goes through *what to do*, rather than why we do it? Of course not
removing the details, just showing the simplest case in, um, a simpler
way?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: incorrect handling of the timeout in pg_receivexlog
Сообщение: Re: incorrect handling of the timeout in pg_receivexlog