Re: Commitfest URL

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Commitfest URL
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:14 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> writes:
> > > The old URL had been a redirect set up when we were running lighttpd but
> > > wasn't carried over when we switch go nginx, I suspect since it was
> > > always intended to be there to have things continue to work while folks
> > > transistioned to the /inprogress link.
> >
> > Huh.  I wonder why it was still working for me?
>
> All I can guess is a really long cache, maybe because the browser hadn't
> been restarted since the last time you used it..?  There's very clearly
> not a redirect in the nginx config for that, while there was in the
> lighttpd config, and that change was made back in February..

In fact, the change was made already back in December, not sure here
you got February from? :)

That said, I don't think it was *intentional* to drop them, that was a
mistake. But it seems that if we made it from December until March
before people noticed, we're probably fine, and can just leave it out
:)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/